Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Holiday Grocery Shopping

I just wanted to remind everyone that as we know the holidays are right around the corner, don't forget that by holiday grocery shopping at ALDI you can save half your bill and the quality of the food is just as good.


I am going to list some of ALDI's products that we will be using for the upcoming holidays that I have used before that tasted great, along with some tips for cooking these items after your holiday grocery shopping purchases....


  • Baker's Choice Cookie and Cake Mixes
    (I have used them and they are just as good as name brand mixes. I add a little vanilla to the cookie mix to make the cookies even more flavorful, and I pick up a 4 serving size box of instant pudding and mix it with my cake mix and it makes the cakes turn out a little more dense.)
  • Chef's Cupboard Stuffing Mix
    (This is really good stuff, probably even tastier than Stovetop. Add some fresh chopped celery, broccoli, or another vegetable to give it an extra home-style taste and feel! You can even put bread crumbs and spray with butter across the top for a nice crisp, I also do this with the Mac N Cheese.)
  • Reggano Noodles
    (The noodles are extremely cheap and you get a large quantity in the box. I have used their Penne, Macaroni, and Spaghetti  All have a strong texture, so no worries about these being cheap and breaking easily. As I said with the stuffing, try putting bread crumbs on the top. Aldi sells a large canister of bread crumbs for less than 2 bucks and it makes everything much more amazing. You can even sprinkle shredded cheese over the finished macaroni, with bread crumbs on top, spray butter, pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes and it's great!)
  • Belmont Apple Pies
    (Yum! Read my full review on these here, and my "Make It Better" recipe for them here.)


    And as always their produce is always perfect!! I have only noticed that you need to be picky and choosy with your apples, because some may be softer than others, but if you use the apples to bake with then choosing the softer ones actually work out.

Stay tuned for wonderful holiday recipes for the upcoming holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and more tips for your holiday grocery shopping.

What holiday products have you tried from ALDI and love using with your recipes? Post here and let us know!! And I am also collecting ALDI product holiday recipes so please email them to TheAldiMom@yahoo.com along with your name and location so you can receive credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment